Winter knocks a big challenge for babies and toddlers. Seasonal ailment gets very common among them, which makes cuties cranky and irritating. Today we will be telling you a Dal recipe, specially meant to nurture your babies in winters.
Winters are here, which demands healthy diet to provide warmth and health to the toddlers. When kids gets active, crawling standing it becomes very hard to catch them.
Thus they gets easily affected with winter problems like cough, cold, congestion and many more. In kids, these small problems can get worsen as they are not so strong and are not knowing how to expel mucus. They may feel dehydrated, anxious and cranky as well.
Let us begin our recipe and find out how it can be useful to your baby.
- Moong ki dal- 1 tablespoon
- Root/arhar ki dal- 1 tablespoon
- Ginger- 2 inch piece
- Black peppercorn- 5
- Green beans
- Desi ghee- 2 teaspoon
- Rock dal- 1 teaspoon
- A pinch of turmeric powder
Lets begin to cook!
How to cook this Dal?
- Pressure cook all the things with water for 3 whistles till Dal gets soft.
- How put hot ghee it in and mast well.
- Give this little hot the babies.
It becomes a complete food and can be given as dinner or lunch. The presence of ginger and black pepper will make it aromatic and prevents cold and cough.
Tips for eased cooking:
- We haven’t mentioned the quantity of vegetables as it will depend on your choice and babies taste.
- You can also use other vegetables like spinach, cabbage etc.
- Better use desi ghee as it as the capacity to keep body warm. It will also make the food calorie dense and is good for growing babies.
- If wishwd you can also add a brown egg in it. It can be scrambled or boiled. Eggs are known to keep your body warm and is a good source of protein and calcium.
- If you baby is suffering from diarrhoea, then keep the soup thin and use veggies accordingly.
- If you are using it daily then minimize the quantity of ginger, as it can increase body heat.
This Dal recipe must be given to 1-3 years babies . All the ingredients present are meant to provide warmth and boost up their immunity.
Hope you all like the post and find it useful. Any type of questions or queries, do write on comment box. Let you kids enjoy the beautiful winters, not getting sick of its ailments!
Have a safe and happy winters!