You are what you eat! This thing is known to all of us. It is said, have your breakfast like a king. Breakfast energizes you for whole day, keeping you fit and active. Give your breakfast a tasty twist with the recipe of Poha.
Poha or Rice flakes poha is one of the healthiest breakfast for all age groups. It is mostly popular among Maharashtrian and Rajasthani cuisine.
Many people loves to have it with jalebi or spicy mixtures. It has a very easy preparation, and requires only a fewer ingredients from your kitchen.
Let’s see what they are.
- Rice flakes- 1 cup
- Water as per requirement
- Chopped carrot
- Finely sliced onions
- Green peas- half a cup
- Chopped green chillies- 1
- Peanuts- 8-10
- Rai or black mustard- 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves- 6-8
- Oil for frying
- Chopped cilantro
How to prepare Poha:
- Firstly take a vessel or bowl and soak rice flakes in equal amount of water in it.
- Make sure you soak only for a couple of minutes.
- Take a kadai and heat oil in it.
- After that put curry leaves, rai and peanuts to it. Give a slight mix and then add chillies and onions to it.
- Fry in a medium flame so that the onion gets golden brown in color.
- Now add rest of the vegetables to it, fry for 3-4 minutes then adding soaked rice flakes to it.
- Add all the spices, and in a high flame fry the entire mixture for 4-5 minutes till it gets crunchy and fried.
- Now turn off the flame and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot as breakfast or mid snack.
- You can serve it in diferent ways like adding mixture, pomegranate seeds or other things to it.
It is highly nutritious and good for all. Even patients can have it, under the doctor’s prescription.
Interesting recipe na! Give it try at your own and share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!