Developing babies requires all the essential vitamins and minerals in their bowl. However, due to their fussy eating and choosy behaviours, they tends to have poor eating, which leads to slow and unhealthy development of the body.
My view about new generation eating habits:
Now-a-days, kids are getting much fussy as compared to kids of last generations. They always likes to play, and nibbles on what they want!
And today, this case can be seen with every child. So, what to be done! How to give them proper nourishment and foods.
If you are also worried with the same, then this post can be a solve to you. We will be making something which will gather all the nutrients in a single bowl. Yes, today we will be talking about multi-grain uggu.
It is very easy to prepare and to be cooked.
- Broken white rice– 2 cups
- Toor dal- 1 cup
- Black peppercorns– 1 teaspoon
- Whole cumin– 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons of peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of almonds
- 2 tablespoons of cashews
- Poha- 1 cup
- Sago– 2 tablespoons
How to prepare multigrain uggu powder?
- Dry roast all the ingredients, make sure you roast rice, dal and poha once. Then rest of the ingredients should be separately roasted.
- Almonds, cashews and peanuts will take more time to be roasted, and they should be roasted in a medium flame.
- After roasted, let them cool and then grind to form a soft powder.
- Store it in an airtight container and use as per advised.
How to cook Multigrain Uggu?
You can cook this uggu, in both sweet as well as in salty form. Now, when the kids are above 8 months you can give them rock salt and jaggery in food, as taste enhancer.
- Soak 2 tablespoons of uggu in a bowl for 15 minutes.
- Then make it cook with 2 cups of water and add rock salt.
- You can also add some grated carrots and cabbage to make it much nutritious.
- Keep checking that it is soft and completely cooked. Serve hot with a teaspoon of ghee on top.
- For sweet version, soak 2 tablespoon of uggu in a cup of milk for 15 minutes.
- Then add one more cup of milk and cook together till softens.
- In between add chopped dates or dates syrup to make it much nutritious.
- When it comes in soupy consistency, turn off the flame.
- Let it cool a bit and serve to the baby.
This recipe is very healthy and you can also do some alterations, with ingredients like veggies, nuts, raisins and many more.
If you find your baby allergic with any of the uggu ingredients, then must consult the pediatrician before starting it.
Do share your experiences with us and do not forget to share with all the new parents. Take care and stay well!