Vada with peanut chutney…… yum! In South Indian regions, peanut chutney is preferable and liked with Idli, vada, dosa and all the items. It tastes awesome and mouthwatering. Let us learn how to prepare this yummy chutney.
In South India, everybody loves to have peanut chutney. It has a very mild taste but really awesome. Peanut chutney goes well with all the dishes, specially the snack ones.
You won’t believe, it is very easy to prepare as simple as preparing maggie 😉
This is my self experience, I also love this chutney. Once I tried to prepare it myself, and luckily it came out best, only little bit sharp in first try 😉
Well, let us check the recipe and become the master chef of your own kitchen.
Dried peanuts- 2 cups
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Vegetable oil- 2 teaspoon
Curry leaves- 5-8
Urad dal- 1 teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Rai or black mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Roasted cumin powder- 2 teaspoon
Methods of preparation:
1. Take a frying pan and put oil in it, heat for a while and then add peanuts to it.
2. In a medium flame, fry it nice so that it changes the color to golden-brown.
3. Now put red chilli powder to it and just stir and mix, and then turn off the flame.
4. Keep it aside, and now it is time for the tempering preparation.
5. Take a pan and put oil to it.
6. After it gets heated, put rest of the ingredients to it and saute for a minute till the dal gets golden.
7. Separately, grind the peanuts and the tempering item and mix together.
8. Mix well and here you go with your delecious, handmade peanut chutney.
How to serve it:
Serve it with any of the South Indian dishes like Idli, dosa, vada, upma etc. You can store this chutney in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Give it a try of your own, and make yourself proud between family and friends.
Hope you like the post. Share it to all, prepare this at your own and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!