For new mums, this thing becomes a very tough question what to feed developing babies. Here we will be preparing rice dal uggu which is very healthy thing for babies.
Pediatrician and dieticians also advise to give rice, dal and wheat in powdered forms to babies. As baby gets 6 months older, it becomes important to feed them solids which will help in their further growth.
Self-experience of Rice dal uggu:
When my baby was 6 months, we went to Fernandez Hospital for regular checkups and vaccine. There doctor handed a pamphlet, in which dietary tips and ‘uggu‘ preparation was given with their benefits too.
Till 9-10 months I fed this rice dal uggu to my baby and found it useful too.
Many people likes to give packaged baby foods, which are at the same time not so good! Here we will be telling you how to prepare rice dal uggu which the best weaning foods for developing babies.
Ingredients required for Rice dal Uggu:
- Toor/Arhar dal- 1 cup
- Broken/ parboiled rice- 2 cups
- Ghee- 2 tablespoon
- Water as per required
How to prepare this Uggu?
- At first, soak the rice and dal in water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain the water and spread the rice and dal in a soft cotton cloth and keep under mild sunlight to get dried.
- Make sure that the rice and dal is completely dried.
- Heat a kadai and put ghee in it. Roast the dal and rice in a medium flame till they gets fried well. It will take about 6-7 minutes for frying.
- Now in a grinder, grind it to form a fine powder.
- Store it in an airtight container and use as per advised.
How to cook Uggu for babies?
Now, after you have prepared uggu powder you need to cook it. Let’s see the cooking process.
- Take a saucepan and put 3 cup of water with 2 scoops of uggu powder. You can take the uggu powder as much your baby will eat.
- Put a teaspoon of rock salt and stir cook in medium flame till it gets semi-thick and becomes like soft halwa.
- Turn off the flame and let it get warm.
- Take out in a silver bowl and feed it to the baby.
You can give it once or twice a day. If your baby is 9 months plus then you can also cook it with some vegetables like carrot, beans, cabbage etc.
Hope the post was useful to you. Share this in all the social medias and do share your experiences with us.