Hey guys, here we are ought to prepare a vegetarian dish which is one of the most tasty and healthy flatbread/parathe called ‘Potato and broccoli parathe’. It is very tasty and is famous specially among punjabis.
Basically, parathes and flatbreads are the origination of India itself. In India, most of the natives are unaware of this dish.
Nutrients in Potato and Broccoli:
‘Potato’ and ‘Broccoli’ are the two most important ingredients of this dish. As we know, potatoes are the rich source of carbohydrates, glucose and several other nutrients.
And broccoli is an edible green colored veggie which belongs to cabbage family. It is rich in Vitamin C, dietary fibers, copper, iron, biotin, manganese and many more.
The combination of two vegetables is highly nutritious yet very delicious. Most of the kids and teenagers make faces by seeing all these traditional foods. But now you don’t need to worry!
After getting prepared, this dish looks very attractive one. Potato and broccoli parathe can be served at any meal time; it can be breakfast, lunch or dinner. So let us proceed towards its preparation:-
Ingredients for Aloo Broccoli paratha-
- 2 medium sized potatoes; boiled, peeled and grated
- 1 cup of broccoli florets- boiled and chopped
- Wheat flour- 5 cups
- Cumin powder- 2 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder- 2 ½ teaspoon
- Warm water- as per requirement
- Ghee/butter/oil- 2 tablespoon
- Salt- 2 teaspoon
Methods to prepare Aloo Broccoli paratha-
- First of all, add 1 teaspoon of ghee into the wheat flour and using water knead it properly. It will take 10 minutes for kneading; knead till the dough gets soft.
- Cover the dough with a soft cloth and keep it aside. Now in a big bowl take the mashed potatoes and finely grated broccoli.
- Add salt, cumin powder and dry mango powder to it. Stir all the ingredients well.
- Now, divide the wheat dough into 6 equal pieces. Now take a dough ball and flatten it as thick as chapatti.
- Take a spoon of stuffing and stuff it properly so that it forms a round ball.
- Now, using dry flour flatten it avoiding cracks.
- In a non-stick pan, fry it from the both sides using ghee.
- You can serve it with chutneys, dips or sauces. Serve hot.
So, this was our preparation for Aloo Broccoli paratha. In the first time, mistake is obvious. Don’t be nervous, practicing will improve your cooking.
Hope you like the post. Share it to all and do not forget to leave a comment below.