Majority of people likes to have ‘Khichdi’ as a whole meal. It is a recipe prepared with lentils, rice, spices and other additives. Today we will be preparing a very healthy yet tasty version of Khichdi called ‘Vegetable khichdi’.
What can be much better than a bowl of complete nutrition. Vegetable Khichdi is a rice recipe which holds all the essential nutrients in it, starting from proteins to fats.
It is a very light meal, but keeps you full. Let us learn how to prepare this dish.
- White rice- 1 cup
- Toor dal- 1/4 cup
- Masoor dal- 1/2 cup
- Mung dal- 1/4 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder- 2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds- 2 teaspoon
- Green chillies- 2
- Chopped carrots– 1 medium sized
- Chopped cabbage- 1/2 cup
- Chopped onions– 2 medium sized
- Chopped bell pepper- 1 medium sized
- Minced garlic– 5-8
- Oil for cooking
How to prepare Vegetable Khichdi?
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- After that add cumin seeds, green chillies, garlic and onion to it.
- Saute well, then add rest of the vegetables like carrot, cabbage and capsicum.
- Fry all these in a medium flame, till the vegetable gets crunchy.
- Take a bowl and put rice and all the dal in it.
- Wash them well in water and put in pan.
- Turn the flame to high, then fry all the things together.
- Add all the spices to it and mix well.
- Now transfer the things into a pressure cooker and put water in it, like 5 cups of water.
- Mix well then pressure cook in a medium flame, for 3 whistles.
Now your delicious Vegetable Khichdi is ready to be eaten. Serve hot with chips, papad, pickles, ghee and salads.
This Saturday give a try to this and enjoy with family. Share the post to all and do not forget to leave a comment below. Take care and live well!