Hey guys, today my post is on food section with a non-vegetarian dish. It is “Masala Egg curry”. If you are out to arrange family or friends meet, then this will be a perfect main course recipe.
Benefits of eating Eggs:
Eggs are the rich source of protein, calcium, fibers, Vitamin A, B12, B6, K and many trace minerals. For strong bones and teeth eggs are the best food supplement. Eggs are even good for kids over 8 months.
Out of all, desi eggs or brown eggs are regarded as the healthiest and has all the nutrients without any alterations.
There are many dishes prepared by using eggs. Egg curry is one of them. It can be made through various ways and variations like using spices, tomatoes, curry leaves, cream, coconut tossing
etc. Beside curry, eggs are used to prepare many dessert items too like cake, puffed candies, pastries, patties and so on. Here we will be preparing egg curry with the natural blend of spices and condiments.
It has a very fabulous taste with a good-looking texture. Let us move on to the preparation methods of ‘Masala egg curry’ as follows:-
Ingredients for Egg Curry-
- Chicken eggs- 4 (boiled)
- Onion paste- 2 cups
- Tomato puree- 1 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2 tablespoon
- Cinnamon sticks- 2
- Bay leaf- 1
- Green cardamom– 2
- Cloves– 4
- Salt- as per taste
- Turmeric powder- 2 teaspoon
- Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder- 4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder- 2 ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder- 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 2 teaspoon
- Mustard oil- 4 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves- ½ cup chopped
- Egg masala(optional)- 1 teaspoon
Methods of preparation-
- First of all, peel the outer shell cover from the eggs. Now using a sharp tip knife; pierce on the eggs. Each egg with two pierce.
- Now using a sharp knife, cut the eggs transversally from the middle.
- In a frying pan, heat the mustard oil in medium flame and fry the egg pieces from both sides as crispy brown. Keep them aside.
- Now, in the same pan and oil; turn the flame to medium and add cinnamon stick, green cardamom, cloves and bay leaf.
- Sauté them for a minute and add onion paste to it. Fry till it gets light brown and oil appears on the top.
- Now, add ginger garlic paste to it and fry for 2 minutes in low flame with covered lid.
- After that add all the spices except garam masala powder. Mix them well and pour all the tomato puree in it. In a low flame, cook the ingredients for 5-7 minutes.
- Remember, tomatoes either enhance the taste or make it bitter. You should cook them well for a sweet and aromatic fragrance.
- Now, in a medium-high flame stir the gravy thoroughly and add water according to your desire and gravy texture.
- Add all the egg pieces and cook for two minutes more. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with Nan, chapattis, rice or biryani. Your Masala egg curry is ready.
So this was the easy and yummy recipe of egg curry. In fact, it is a north Indian style to cook Egg curry. You can add some more chili powder for extra spicy taste. I hope you liked this recipe.
You can add some variations by yourself like using curry leaves, cream etc. So friends, eat well and live well.