Gobi paratha also known as Cauliflower flatbread is an Indian traditional cuisine. It is mostly served as a healthy breakfast. Being heavy, it is best for school kids and working people even.
Parathas are made of different stuffing and varieties; gobi paratha is one of them. It comprises of cauliflower florets and some mild spices. It is a very delicious and healthy kind of food item.
Nutrients in Cauliflower:
- Cauliflower is a well-known vegetable rich in nutrients like Vitamin B6, B12, K, folate, magnesium, potassium, amino acids, enzymes, dietary fibers and many more.
- Cauliflower is consumed in many ways; as curries, Manchurian, in pav baji, raw, boiled, as stuffing item and so on.
- It is a flowering vegetable that looks like a huge flower.
- Gobi paratha is easy digestible and good for all. But be conscious bout the overeating, excessive intake of cauliflower can result in stomach heat, constipation, indigestion etc.
Well, let us move towards the preparation methods of Gobi paratha:-
Ingredients required for Gobi Paratha
- Cauliflower florets- 2 cups
- Chopped onion- 1
- Chopped green chilies- 2
- Chopped cilantro- ½ cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Wheat flour- as per the requirement of dough
- Mustard oil- 4-5 tablespoon
- Butter- 2 pieces diced
Methods of preparation-
- First of all, we need to prepare dough. Knead the wheat flour using water. Kneading should be soft and you need to use water in small quantity as per needed.
- Cover the dough with muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Now, using a grater grate all the cauliflower florets nicely and add all the spices and chopped onions chilies to it.
- Mix well. In a frying pan, add some mustard oil and fry the ingredients in a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Keep it aside. Now your dough is properly set. Divide the dough equally into 5-6 balls.
- As the stuffing item gets cool, stuff them neatly into the dough balls. For this, using your thumb and hands make a hollow space in the ball and after stuffing close it.
- Now, you need to prepare rotis of the dough balls.
- Using dry flour or maida, make it a round disc-shaped circle and in the hot tava, using mustard oil roast it to get golden brown.
- Do the same with all the balls. After getting prepared, put two cubes of butter over it.
- Your gobi paratha is ready. Serve hot with chutneys, curd dip, pickles or sauce. Enjoy…..
So guys, this was the preparation of Gobi paratha. It is really a yummy and mouth-watering dish. So, eat well live well.
Hope you like the post. Share this in all the social medias and do share your experiences with us.