Indian cuisine is all about the mismatch of tastes. Today we will be preparing an Indo-Chinese recipe of Gobi Manchurian. It includes Indian flavor with the twist of Chinese cooking it it.
Gobi Manchurian, prepared with key ingredient as Cauliflower is one of the liked recipe by all. It includes all flavor in it, starting from sweet to spicy.
Gobi Manchurian is something which is tasty and healthy too. It is suitable for all, from kids to adults. We all enjoy this yummy recipe at restaurants, why not prepare this at home.It is very easy to prepare and includes very simpler ingredients from your kitchen. Let’s check it out, and give a try at your own.
Ingredients for Gobi Manchurian:
- Fresh Cauliflower
- Corn starch- 2 tablespoon
- All purpose flour- 3 tablespoon
- Rice flour- 4 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder- 2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped Cilantro
- Oil for frying
- Red chilli powder- 1 tablespoon
Sauce preparation for Gobi Manchurian:
- Tomato sauce- 4 tablespoon
- Red chilli sauce- 2 tablespoon
- Green chilli sauce- 4 tablespoon
- Soy sauce- 1 tablespoon
- Corn flour- 2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tablespoon
- Chopped spring onion and greens
- Salt for taste
- Cumin seeds- 2 teaspoon
Methods of preparation of Gobi Manchurian:
- Cut the cauliflower florets, into medium sizes and clean it.
- Now make a thick paste (batter) of, corn starch, all-purpose flour, wheat flour adding salt, black pepper and water to it.
- Put this into cauliflower florets. Give it a good mix so that the batter covers the cauliflower florets.
- Now take a kadai, put oil in it and heat.
- Put the flame to medium and fry the florets, till it gets golden in color.
- For a delicious Manchurian, crispy balls are very important. For this, give double fry to the florets and take out in kitchen towel.
- Now we will be moving to the sauce preparation.
- Put all the sauces and corn flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Now take a pan and put some oil in it followed by cumin seeds, chillies ad ginger garlic paste.
- Saute well and add chopped onion bulbs and then chopped greens.
- Now add the sauce mixture, salt and red chilli powder to it.
- On a low flame, give it a good mix then adding fried cauliflower florets.
- Toss it well so that the florets get covered with sauce.
- Now if you want it little gravy type, add some water and cook until thick.
- If you want it dry then fry well, so that everything gets mixed together.
- Serve hot as a starter or with fried rice.
Things to remember while preparing Gobi Manchurian:
There are many things which one needs to keep in mind, while preparing this recipe. This will help you to prevent mistakes, making your dish superb and mouth-watering.
- Chop the florets into medium-sized pieces. It should neither be too large nor to small.
- Frying it twice will keep the florets crispy, giving it a fab taste.
- You can also add some bell pepper while frying, it will give a very nice aroma.
- The quantity of red chilli sauce and tomato sauce should be decide as per your taste.
So this was the very easy and efficient preparation of Gobi Manchurian. Give it a try and do share your experiences with us. Eat well and live well!