Chow mein is a Chinese noodle dish which is suitable and liked by all age groups. Today we will be preparing everyone’s favorite recipe of Vegetable Chow mein.
Different types of Chow mein:
Chow mein can be prepared through various ingredients and condiments. It depends upon the taste; chow mein can also be termed as hakka noodles.
It is a very colorful and nutritious kind of snack. Afterall, its ingredients are full of juicy vegetables and toppings. You must have noticed children neglects veggies from their diet.
This time, you have got a new way to feed them vegetables in a colorful and nutritive way.
What we are going to prepare?
Here we are going to prepare a very simple and classic kind of chow mein dish i.e., ‘Vegetable chow mein’. There is an interesting thing about vegetable chow mein that you can choose your vegetables as you like.
You can have these snacks with chopsticks or fork. In fact, Chinese culture uses chopsticks to have these. So, get yourself drown into the magical and tempting taste of vegetable chow mein. Let’s proceed:-
Ingredients for Vegetable Chow mein-
- Chowmein or hakka noodles- 1 bowl
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoon
- Finely long cut cabbage- ½ bowl
- Long cut capsicum- ½ bowl
- Slice cut red carrot- ½ bowl
- Finely cut green chilies- 2
- Shallots or onions- ½ bowl long cut
- Chopped cilantro leaves- as per use
- Spring onions- for garnishing
- Curry leaves- 5-6 pieces
- Cut broccoli- ½ bowl
- Salt- as per the taste
- Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce- 2 tablespoon
Methods of preparation-
- In a steel bowl add 4 cups of water, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Heat the water till it gets boiled. Add all the noodles in it and cook till they get soft.
- Drain the water from it and dip the noodles in cold water.
- After 5 minutes take out noodles and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and as it gets heated add curry leaves, green chilies and onions to it.
- Sauté them for a minute. Remember, while preparing chowmein veggies should be cooked for one or two minutes.
- Add carrots, broccoli, capsicum and cabbage to it. Cook for 2 minutes.
- After that, add the boiled noodles and the spices.
- Fry them for a minute and add tomato sauce and spring onions. Cook them for a minute in medium flame
- As they get properly cooked, turn off the flame and garnish it with cilantro leaves. Serve hot.
So friends, this was how to prepare tasty and yummy vegetable chowmein. If you like eggs or want egg chowmein then simply you can add cracked eggs while frying veggies. You can also use sauces of your choice. It will give it a spicy taste. So guys, enjoy your snack time with chowmein and stay healthy.