Pav Bhaji is a very famous street food at Mumbai, Delhi and many other parts of the country. It is a snack recipe which tastes just wow! Today we will be telling you how to prepare Pav Bhaji at home.
Pav Bhaji is a vegetarian recipe cooked using bread bun and simple vegetables. Pav Bhaji tastes best in winters and rainy season.
It has a very easy preparation and requires only a fewer ingredients from your kitchen. Let us see how to prepare this.
For Pav preparation-
- Bun pav- 8-10
For Bhaji preparation-
- Cauliflower florets- 1 cup
- Potato- 2 medium sized
- Carrots- 1 big sized
- Green peas- 1/2 cup
- French beans- 4-5
- Capsicum- 1 medium sized
- Onion- 1 small sized
- Green chillies- 2
- Cumin seeds- 2 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil- 1 tablespoon
- Water as per required
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder- 2 teaspoon
- Pav Bhaji masala- 4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder- 2 teeaspoon
- Chopped cilantro
How to prepare Pav Bhaji:
- Pressure cook potato, carrots, cauliflower, beans and green peas for 2 whistles in a medium flame.
- Now, mash these well and then heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and green chillies, with chopped onions. Saute well.
- Now add mashed vegetables into it.
- Stir fry for a minute then add the spices.
- Mix well and cook till an aromatic fragrance releases.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Now take a tava and roast pav buns with butter.
- You can cut the pav from between, then roast for a better taste.
- Serve hot with slices of lemon and onions.
You can also add beetroot for reddish texture and a different flavor.
This is a very tasty recipe, and must be tried by all! Give it a try and enjoy with friends and family. Hope you like the post, share it to all and do not forget to leave a comment below.
Eat well and Live well!