Amrit modak; is commonly known and believed as the favorite food of lord ganesha. It is a sweet recipe and very yummy. Let us see how to prepare this yummy thing.
What is Amrit Modak?
Amrit Modak is the dish of maharashtrian cuisine. It is the main sweet of ganesha festival. These are the pistachio mixed rich sweets.
During ganesh chaturthi 21 modak is offered to lord ganesha. This sweet item is famous both southern and western parts of India.
So let’s have a look how to prepare these tasty modak, so that this year you will be preparing your own amrit modak and offering to lord ganesha on coming ganesh chaturthi.
Ingredients for Amrit Modak:-
- Grated and crushed khoya- 1 cup
- Confectioner’s sugar-1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder-1/4 spoon
- Pistachios-1/4 cup
- Saffron(kesar)- 1 pinch
How to prepare Amrit Modak?
- Firstly, dip the pistachios in boiling water for a few minutes then take it out.
- Peel off the coat of pistachios and cut them with a chilled knife.
- Now in a thick layered pan mix the khoya and confectioner’s sugar and cook it in low flame for 10 minutes.
- Keep the mixture stirring regularly and after it is done, turn off the flame, add cardamom powder in the prepared mixture; mix it well and keep aside.
- Now let the mixture to get cool down, and then divide the mixture into two parts in 2/3 and 1/3 constituency.
- In the 1/3 mixture add grated pistachios and mix well, same as in 2/3 mixture add saffron threads and mix well.
- Divide the pistachio mixed mixture into 8 equal halves and give then round shape.
- Same as in saffron one mixture, divide it in 8 parts.
- Now, making the saffron mixture flat put the pistachio’s round ball one in one flat saffron mixture.
- Now after putting the round ball into the flat one, enclose and seal it and using ghee give it the shape of modak.
- So now, finally your amrit modak is ready to be offered to lord ganesha.
Hope you like the recipe. Give it a try at your own and share your experiences with us. Eat well and live well!