Hey guys, here we will be talking about the preparation of ‘Coconut ladoo’ at home. It has a very easy preparation and tastes very exotic.
Benefits of Coconut–
Coconut is a well-known edible fruit that is rich in taste as well as in nutrition. Phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, Vitamin A, B6, E, Omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fibers, carotene are the micro and macro nutrients that are found in a fully developed coconut.
The water and the pulp in green coconut are rich in nutrients. The white pulp, watery fluid and creamy liquid are the edible parts of coconut.
Actually, the presence of coconut enhances the flavor.Not only this, coconut is used as a major ingredient to prepare many dishes.
Coconut ladoo also called Nariyal laddu is very tasty and mouth-watering dessert sweet item. In many festivals, coconut laddus has a great importance.
It is used as a prashad ingredient in worshipping. Coconut sweet is prepared in many shapes; it can be square-shaped, rectangular or round. Here we will be preparing coconut ladoo that is round in shape.
So let’s proceed towards the process-
Ingredients for coconut ladoo:-
- Grated coconut- 4 cups
- Condensed milk/khoya- 2 cups
- Ghee- 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder- 1 teaspoon
- Blanched pistachio- 1 tablespoon
- Sugar- 2 cups
Methods of preparation:-
- First of all, heat a frying pan and add ghee to it. After a minute, add grated coconut and khoya to it and in a low flame cook.
- Now, sprinkle some cardamom powder on it and stir well. Heat a vessel and add 4 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar in it. Stir it till it forms 1 cup of condensed sugar syrup.
- Now, pour the coconut mixture and blanched pistachios in the sugar syrup and mix well. Make sure that the sugar syrup is appropriate as the coconut mixture.
- Now turn off the flame and take out the laddu mixture on a plate. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- After that, apply some ghee on your hand palms and take a lemon size amount of laddu mixture. Using your hands make it in a round shape and keep on plate. Do the same with the left mixture.
- It will make 15-20 laddus. Now, keep the laddu plate still for ½ hour. You will notice your laddus has turn harder outside and spongy inside. Coconut laddus are ready to be served. Enjoy….
So, this was the yummy preparation of ‘Coconut ladoo’. It has a very pleasant fragrance with yummy taste.
Give a try to this sweet thing and do share your experiences with us. Have a very prosperous Diwali and stay well!