Porridge is one of the healthiest recipes for all. It is high in fiber thus easy digestible too. Today we will be telling you how to make wheat dalia for toddlers.
A toddler loves to invent new tastes and twists in their food. Now their taste buds wants to go through different tastes.
The healthiest way to introduce them to different flavors is, porridge! It can be prepared in sweet as well as in salty flavors. The addition of different things like cardamoms, veggies, whole spices etc makes it tastier thus liked by the babies.
Today we will be telling about Wheat dalia porridge, in sweet way. We will be using jaggery instead of sugar as sugar is not nice for developing kids.
Let’s move to our recipe.
Preparation time- 20 minutes
Can be served as- Breakfast, mid-day meal or as dinner too.
- Wheat dalia (broken wheat)- 2 tablespoons
- Cow’s milk- 1 1/2 cups
- Ghee- 2 teaspoon
- Chopped dry fruits of your choice
- Jaggery or gur- 1 teaspoon
How to prepare porridge?
- Heat a pan and put ghee into it.As it gets hot add wheat dalia followed by dry fruits in it.
- In a low flame, stir for about 3-4 minutes till the color gets golden brown.
- Now turn off the flame and transfer all into the pressure cooker.
- Put milk into it and cover the lid.
- Pressure cook in a medium flame for about 10 minutes, or till 2 whistles.
- Now turn off the flame and check the consistency, if you find it little thick you can add some water or milk into it.
- We have pressure cooked it for fast cooking, you can also cook it simply on the pan but it will take more time for the porridge to get softened.
Take out in a serving bowl and serve warmer to the kids. It is very healthy and also liked by the kids.
Hope the post was useful to you. Share your experiences with us and do share it in all the social medias. Eat well and stay healthy!