Pumpkin or squash is a gourd kind of vegetable, used in various cooking. Today we will be telling you an easy yet healthy recipe of pumpkin soup.
If you are running late and feeling to take something healthy that will keep you full, then pumpkin soup is a better option.
Being less in calorie intake, it is also good form the view of diet and offers only health. It is also good for kids, as they hesitates to eat such vegetables like pumpkin and squash.
When you can have pumpkin soup?
Although it is a very light fibrous vegetable, it can be mostly taken as evening soups or even in lunch. It can be taken in any weather, summer or winters anything.
Now let us move to our delicious soup recipe.
- A cup of chopped pumpkin/squash
- 2 green chilles
- Salt as per taste
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Ground black pepper
- Few stalks of cilantro
- Fresh cream for garnish
- A teaspoon of jeera
- Water as per required
- Oil- 2 teaspoon
- Take a pan and put oil into it.
- As it gets heated, put jeera, green chillies and pumpkin pieces into it.
- In a medium flame saute well for about 5 minutes.
- Then add salt, turmeric powder and cilantro into it.
- Now turn off the flame and shift the mixture into a pressure cooker, adding 2 cups of water into it.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes or about 3 whistles.
- Now take out the lid and let is cool.
- Using a hand blender, blend it nicely then sieve to remove all the undissolved things.
- Take out in soup bowl, garnish with cream and black pepper. Serve hot.
This recipe is good for all, weather a kid or old age peoples. Give a try and do share your experiences with us. Till then bye bye!