Today we will be preparing a very healthy and tasty recipe of Paneer Masala. Let is see its preparation and give a try at your own.
Cheese is a well-known food ingredient that is delicious and highly nutritive. Especially for vegetarians, cheese dishes are preferred in any kind of festive or auspicious occasions. Cheese is formed by milk coagulation. It is very beneficial for all-age groups.
Benefits of Cheese:
Cheese is rich in Vitamin A, B, K, folate, calcium, phosphorus, enzymes and many other minerals. It is a great dietary supplement need for kids in growing years.
It is available in many qualities, but the good thing is that each and every kind of cheese carries its own nutrition and macro-micro minerals.
Here we will be taking about one of the popular and mouthwatering dish of cheese; ‘Creamy Paneer masala’.
We will be preparing it very mild spices and herbs. The best part of this dish is; it has a very delightful taste that is the result of milk and herbs. So guys, let us move on to the preparation methods:-
- Cottage cheese- 500 grams [Diced into pieces]
- Milk- 2 ½ cup
- Green chilies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Onions- 2 (chopped and shredded)
- Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder- 2 teaspoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Turmeric powder- ½ tablespoon
- Black pepper- ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder- ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder- 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil- 4 tablespoon
- Tomato- 1 chopped
- Indian bay leaf- 1-2
- Cilantro leaves- ½ cup chopped
Method of preparation-
- In a frying pan, heat mustard oil in a medium flame and fry the cheese dices so that they get golden- brownish and crispy surface.
- Don’t fry all the dices at once this will interrupt their shapes; you can fry 6-8 dices at a time.
- Now, place a bloating paper to the plate and take out all the fried cheese in it and keep aside.
- In the same pan add some mustard oil and as it gets heated; add cumin seeds and bay leaf to it. In the difference of 6-8 seconds, add chopped green chilies and onions. Sauté for 5 minutes till the onions get translucent and golden pink.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes to it. Simmer them for a minute.
- Now add all the spices with 2 ½ cup of milk in it. Stir the ingredients thoroughly and make sure that the color of the milk turns yellow-orange. In a medium flame, cover the lid and cook so that the milk gets half and thick.
- An aromatic and spicy fragrance will arise showing the completion of gravy. Now you can add all the fried cheese to it.
- Cover the lid and simmer for 2 minutes so that gravy is properly absorbed into the cheese dices.
- Now, in the final touch cook the gravy and make sure that the gravy is thick and rich. Sprinkle some chopped cilantro over it. Your creamy paneer masala is ready.
- Serve hot with Nan, fried rice or chapattis. Enjoy….
So friends, this was our auspicious dish with cheese. The most different and interesting thing about our paneer masala is instead of water, it is cooked with milk; that gives a pleasant smell and taste.
It contains spices but after cooked they are negligible in taste. It has mild, misty and creamy taste.
Hope you like the post. Share this to all and do not forget to leave a comment below.