Boared of eating dal daily! Now, give a twist to your meal with the addition of delicious dal makhani in it. Today we will be telling you how to prepare restaurant style dal makhani at home.
Dal makhani is one of the most-liked variety of dal preparations. It is a North-Indian dish, and mostly liked among Punjabis. It has a very good taste and goes good with almost everything.
Let us see it preparation and give a try at your own.
Ingredients for dal makhani-
- Black urad- 2 cups
- Kidney beans- 1 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2 tablespoon
- Tomato puree- 1 cup
- Red chilli powder- 2 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder- 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder- 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies- 2
- Finely chopped onions- 1 small
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Fresh cream
- Water as required
How to prepare Dal makhani:
- First, pressure cook kidney beans and urad, followed with salt and water.
- We add salt while boiling, so that it gets good seasoning.
- Boil it for 3 whistles, in low flame so that the dal gets cooked.
- Now take a pan, heat it and add butter in in it.
- As butter gets melt, add cumin seeds and green chilles.
- Saute for a minute then adding onions to it.
- Fry in a medium flame, till it gets golden pink in color.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, followed by tomato puree into it.
- Give a good mix, cook for a minute then add boiled dal into it.
- Adding all the spices into it, give a toss with 2 tablespoon of fresh cream.
- Mix well.
- Cover the lid of the pan, and cook it into low flame for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, you will notice it has formed good and thick gravy and an aromatic fragrance is there.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and cream, and serve hot with Nan, parathe, rice or phulke.
Now become master chef of your kitchen, and show the magic of your hands! Your family and friends will love your preparations, and you will also be proud of your cooking.
So, eat good! Afterall, we are what we eat. Take care and live well.