The literal meaning of Jhaal muri is Spicy puffed rice. Jhaal muri is a kind of street food that is liked by all; kids, adults and senior citizens. Let us see how to prepare this.
The spicy, sweet and tangy flavor of jhaal muri attracts everyone towards it. Jhaal muri mainly comprises of Muri that is also called Puffed rice in English terms.
Jhaal muri is prepared through many ways; here we will be preparing it in Bihari style which is also called bhunja. In Jharkhand-Bihar regions, bhunja is something which is crispy, spicy, mild-sweet and made of puffed rice.
It has a very tasty and lingering fragrance. On the contrast, it can also be prepared through fried beaten rice.
This snack is totally vegetarian and contains the goodness of Mother Nature. Grams, Cilantro, peas, peanuts, tomato, lemon etc enhance the flavor and look of the jhal muri. So let us move on towards the preparations of Jhaal muri.
- Puffed rice- 2 cups
- Fried beaten rice- 1 cup
- Sprouted gram- ½ cup
- Chopped onion- 2
- Chopped green chilies- 2-4
- Chopped tomato- 1
- Chopped cilantro- 1 cup
- Lemon- ½ slice
- Spicy dalmoth- 1 ½ cup
- Mixed bhunja- ½ cup
- Roast cumin powder- 2 teaspoons
- Roast peanuts- 1 tablespoon
- Mustard oil- 2 teaspoons
- Pickle masala- 1tablespoon
- Gram flour sew- ½ cup
Methods of preparation:
- First of all, take a large bowl and add all the ingredients to it.
- Using your clean hands mix it evenly well.
- Now cut some newspapers in square shape and make cone shaped paper envelope.
- Fill each of the cones with prepared jhal muri and enjoy like street food.
Enjoy this with your family and friends.
Hope you like the recipe. Give it a try and please share your experiences with us. Eat well and live well.