Hey all, today we will be sharing a very easy yet tasty recipe of Shrikhand with you. It will be much tastier from the markket ones and healthy too.
What is Shrikhand ?
Shrikhand or Flavoured Yogurt is a milk product which is prepared using curd and several condiments. This is a creamy edible which is very yummy and tastes like dessert.
It can be used in bread, chappati, sandwiches or can be eaten as a dessert too. There are many ways to prepare shrikhand; it can be fruity, nutty, vanilla, kesar-badam, strawberry and many more.
As we know, milk products are always good for health; so addition of shrikhand in your daily diet is to march towards good health.
It is rich in Vitamin A, B2, D, E, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, antioxidants, lactic acid, amino acids, copper and many more. In the present world, intake of milk products keeps you away from diseases and ailments.
The addition of several flavors and condiments makes it much tastier and delicious. In markets, it is easily available; shrikhand comes in different qualities and brands. But homemade things are far better than market products.
Because of increasing pollution and maladies; it is always a risky thing to consume market products. So here we will be preparing shrikhand at home. Let’s proceed toward the process-
Ingredients for Shrikhand:-
- Fresh curd– 6 cups
- Saffron- 1 teaspoon
- Sugar- 4 cups
- Hot milk- 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder- 2 teaspoon
- Blanched pistachio- 2 ½ teaspoon
- Blanched and chopped almonds– 4 teaspoon
- Raisins- 10-15
Methods of preparation:-
- In a soft muslin cloth, wrap the curd and hang it in some colder place for ½ hour. After half hour, checkout whether the curd is moistened all the water content has released.
- Now, take a steel vessel and add the curd in it. Mix all the condiments into it and using a whrisk stir properly.
- Pour the mixture into blender and blend it for 2 minutes.
- Take out in a beautiful glass bowl and decorate with few saffron strands and blanched pistachio. Your shrikhand is ready to be served.
- Serve with chapattis or bread. You can also serve it like dessert. Just add few slices of strawberries and serve chilled.
So, this was the preparation of Shrikhand. It is really easy to prepare it. So, why we guys purchase it from outside?
It is always risky to have some packed food item from markets. Doesn’t matters, whatever the quality is! A homemade product always ranks the first. In the present era which is full of ailments and hazards; why we guys are eager to risk our lives?
Guys, now it’s time to be conscious; maladies are in our surroundings itself. Protect yourselves and make yourselves free from hazards. Take care live safe.