Buttermilk is a churned curd drink, mostly preferred after lunch. It helps to soothe digestion and also has immense health benefits. Mostly we have buttermilk at stalls and hotels. You will be surprised to know, it is very easy to prepare and uses only a few ingredients.
Buttermilk is mostly drank in summers to stay cool and keep your body hydrated. It is famous in all parts of India and now-a-days also liked by foreigners. It is prepared i numerous ways with different toppings and decoration.
Today we will be preparing Masala Buttermilk which mainly comprises of certain green herbs and few spices.
Serves- 2 glasses
Ingredients required for Buttermilk:
- Homemade curd– 1 cup
- Drinking water- 1 cup
- Finely chopped cilantro and mint leaves
- Black salt- 2 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder- 2 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
- Ice cubes (optional)
Methods of preparation:
- Put all the ingredients except ice cubes in a blender and blend nicely so that all things gets mixed together.
- You can also use a grinder or a bottle as well to mix the ingredients. It’s just about proper mixup of the ingredients.
- Take two glasses and pour prepared buttermilk into it.
- Garnish a bit with chopped herbs and ice cubes.
- Serve after lunch.
Hope this post was useful for you. Buttermilk is very good, specially for those suffering from digestion problems. Those who are having cold or such flu’s should avoid this.
Those who like thick curd, can also make it with curd no water. In addition you can avod herbs and add chopped ginger, green chillies and minced onion as well.
It gives great flavor and also very healthy.
If the weather is cool and chilling, then better avoid it as curd is cooling in nature.
Share the post in all the social medias and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!