Sago kheer or Sabudana kheer is an ideal recipe for kids entered the age 7-8 months. It is used in all parts of world both both kids as well as for adults. Let us see how to prepare it
Sago kheer is healthy for all groups, but mostly considered as a healthy baby food. In India, sago kheer is preferred during fastings and other religious rituals. It is mostly used to prepare dessert and also in papads, salty snacks and many more.
How raw sabudana is prepared?
Sabudana or sago is small circular shaped, looks like okra seeds or like homeopathic tablets! How it is obtained. It is prepared by the yam also called arbi , which undergoes different processes.
The white flesh of yam is dried. grounded and thus prepared sabudana. So sago is obtained from the tuber crop yam and is very healthy thing.
Sago as baby food! Many of you must be thinking, is sago really health rich to be given to babies? To clear your doubt let us first talk about its health benefits.
Health benefits of Sago/Sabudana:
- It is rich in fibres, thus good to keep your digestive system fit and balanced.
- Being rich in vitamin A, B1, folate, zinc, potassium and other minerals, it is the powerhouse of nutrition.
- It keeps you feel full and provides heavy energy.
- It balances body temperature, thus very good during fevers and climate change.
So now you must be satisfied about giving sago to babies, isn’t it! Now let us talk about the preparation of sago kheer.
- Sabudana- 2tablespoons
- Water- 1 cup
- Milk- 2 cups
- Natural jaggery- 1 teaspoon
- Blanched almonds- 2 small sized
- Cashew nuts- 4-5
How to prepare this?
- First take a bowl with a cup of water, sabudana, peeled almonds and cashew nuts.
- Soak all these togetherly for 30 minutes. Now make these boil in a low flame till water gets dried.
- Put milk into it and cook till it thickens.
- After that put jaggery in it. Mix well as as it gets warmed, serve to the baby.
- After cooking you can also blend it, so that it becomes easy for the baby to chew and swallow.
This is very good for babies and can be given once a day. If your baby likes salty flavor, then you can also prepare this using multiple veggies with rock salt sprinkled.
Hope you like the post. Share this to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well.