‘Kaju katli’ or ‘Kaju barfi’ is a kind of Indian sweet dessert, which is mostly used in Diwali or some festive occasions.Today we will be learning, how to prepare this at home
As the name indicates, this sweet is mainly comprised of kaju that is cashew nuts. Today, purity is not guaranteed in anything; in market everyone promises to give the best and pure sweet, but that is not actually done.
There are some additions of preservatives or other material. So, the best and efficient way to obtain a pure sweet is to prepare it at home.
And in the case of kaju katli, it has easy preparation method and can be easily prepared at home. So let’s move ahead and make delicious Kaju katli-
- Cashew nuts- 2 cups
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Water- ½ cup
- Mid condensed milk– 4 tablespoons
- Ghee- as per the usage
- Cardamom powder- ¼ tablespoon
- Thin silver foil for decoration
Methods to prepare Kaju Katli:-
- Finely grate the cashew nuts into a mixer grinder to make a powdery form.
- Don’t grate the chilled cashews as this will not form a fine powder.
- Now, turn the stove flame on in a medium flame.
- In a deep base pan, add water, condensed milk and sugar. Stir it well till the sugar gets totally dispersed and makes a thick paste.
- When the sugar syrup is ready, turn the flame low and add cashew powder, ghee and cardamom powder into it.
- For 5-8 minutes, stir it well in a regular round motion; so that the mixture gets thick as flour dough. Be sure that no lumps form in the mixture.
- Take out the mixture into a vessel and keep it aside for 5-10 minutes, so that the mixture gets cool.
- After that, knead the mixture using gloves like flour dough. While kneading, you can add milk as per the dough needs.
- After that, take a flat base plate; apply some ghee on the base so that the base gets properly layered with ghee.
- Spread the mixture on the plate in an equal consistency and wait for 2 minutes.
- Above the round mixture, decorate with the thin silver work so that it becomes a layer above the mixture.
- Now, with a sharp knife, cut it into diamond-shaped pieces.
Kaju katli is ready to be served. Enjoy……….