Hey guys, today we will be sharing a very healthy and tasty recipe of Methi paratha. It is mostly famous in North-Indian cuisine but now known all around the world. Let’s see the recipe.
Methi Paratha or Fenugreek paratha is a perfect blend of health and taste. Talking about health, then greens are always advised by dietitians and health experts. Methi is good in all the forms, in seed or in leaves!
Our recipe will be comprising the used of methi leaves, mixed with certain herbs to give an aromatic fragrance to your dish.
If your kids too hesitates to eat methi leaves, and find it boaring then this recipe is only meant for you. Mixed with chappati and green in color; your kids will find it colorful and creative as well!
You can give them an example of rainbow color, ‘green’ and they will eat the parathas with a keen interest. The preparation too is very easy and health gifting.
Ingredients required for Methi paratha:
- Fenugreek leaves- 2 cups (washed and chopped)
- Wheat flour- 3 cups
- Ragi flour- 1 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped green chillies- 2
- Chopped onion- 1 small
- A handful of chopped cilantro
- Ground black pepper- 2 teaspoon
- Crushed cumin seeds- 2 teaspoon
- Oil for preparing chappatis
How to prepare this?
- Now we have to knead the dough.
- For this, take a big mixing bowl and put all the ingredients except oil into it.
- Using water in small amounts, knead a soft dough.
- After kneading, cover it with a cotton cloth and keep aside for about 20 minutes.
- Now make small balls of the dough.
- Using chakla and belan, flatten it to form circular chappati.
- In a hot tawa, roast it from both the sides applying oil.
- Keep the flame into medium and toast till both the sides get golden brown.
How to serve?
Hope you found this post easy and good. Prepare it at your own and let us know what you discovered. Eat well and live well!