Carrot pudding also known as gajar halwa is a very yummy and mouthwatering dessert. Today we will be learning how to prepare this yummy thing at home.
In India, especially in Punjab gajar ka halwa is the most liked traditional dessert. This very dish majorly comprises of carrots. We all know, carrots are the rich source of Vitamin A, B, K, potassium, antioxidants, beta-carotene, enzymes, amino acids etc.
Shortly, we can say carrots are the complete package of nutrients. Carrot pudding is a staple dessert and mostly prepared during some festive occasion or some family event.
It’s tempting taste and aromatic fragrance makes it the most favorite one. It is good to have a cup of carrot pudding after dinner. It soothes your digestion making your dinner complete.
So guys, after reading this description you must be eager to know the preparation methods of Carrot Pudding. Following are the preparation methods of Carrot Pudding:-
Ingredients for Carrot Pudding:-
- Red carrots- 1 kg
- Dry fruits(cashew nuts, raisins and almonds)- 1 ½ cup
- Sugar- 2 cups
- Cardamom powder- 4 teaspoons
- Ghee- 2 tablespoon
- Milk– 2 cups
Methods of preparation:-
- First of all, wash all the carrots neatly and grate it so that the carrots get into shredded form. Keep it aside.
- Now, in a thick bottom vessel add ghee and fry all the dry fruits for a minute. In a low flame, add all the shredded carrots to it and simmer.
- Add milk to the carrots and in a medium flame cook them till the carrots get soft. Add sugar to it, stir well and you will observe that the water is released from the carrots.
- Cook the carrots till they get dried. It will take almost 15-20 minutes so that the carrot content gets half and properly cooked.
- Now add the cardamom powder to it and stir thoroughly. Your carrot pudding is ready.
- You can also add some grated pistachios for an infinite taste. Carrot pudding can be preserved into the refrigerator for 7-8 days.
So, this was the preparation of gajar ka halwa. After getting cool, halwa can be given different shaped for a great look. It can be circular, square, heart etc. On the top decorate with some dry fruits or cherries. Enjoy….
Share the post in all social medias and do not forget to leave a comment below. Take care and live well!