Hello friends, today it is my second blog on Indo-Chinese soups. Earlier it was on “Sweet corn chicken soup”; this time it is probably same as “Hot and sour chicken soup”.
Winter season is the time when we all love to have something hot and spicy meals. Soups can be said as the best option.
Benefits of Winter food:
Soups are the Chinese dishes which is a light intake and a bowl of complete nutrition. These are the semi-liquid diet that has minimal fat content and fewer calories.
Soups are the good appetizer and hunger booster. These are like very nutritious and packed with certain macro and micro nutrients.
During winters, soups are much appealing than any other food items.
Hot and Sour Chicken soup:
Hot and sour soup has sour and tangy flavor with the addition of shredded chicken in it. Well, many people also use meat or pork with chicken to enhance the flavor.
This soup is packed with veggies, meat, eggs and certain dietary fibers.
Overall, soups can be said as the best meal food; it is also capable to cure seasonal ailments like cold, fever, weakness or a substitute diet while ailments.
So guys, lets proceed towards the explained preparation method of Hot and sour chicken soup:-
- Chicken pieced- 1 cup (shredded and chopped)
- Mushroom– ½ cup minced
- Eggs- 2
- Spring onions- ½ cup chopped
- Corn flour- 1 cup
- Cabbage- ½ cup shredded diagonally
- Carrots- ½ cup minced into long pieces
- Capsicum/bell pepper- ¼ cup shredded
- Soy sauce- 4 tablespoon
- Green chilies– 2 chopped
- Water- as per the usage
- Salt- as per taste
- Black pepper– 1 teaspoon
- Ginger and garlic– 2 teaspoon chopped thoroughly
- Olive oil- 1 tablespoon
Methods to prepare Hot and Sour chicken soup-
- In a deep base pan, add some olive and let it heat. Now add all the veggies except spring onions.
- No need to sauté, here the main thing is to boil the ingredients wholly.
- In a medium flame, add mushrooms and chickens. Pour 2 cups of water with soy sauce and stir for a minute.
- Now add ginger-garlic and cover the lid. In a mixing bowl, add corn flour with some water and make a semi-liquid paste. Now add this paste into the preparing soup. Mix well in a low flame.
- Remember, you need a soupy thick texture so corn flour should be added till the soup gets thick.
- Add salt and black pepper in it and cover the lid. Now as you notice, the soup is brownish in color and a sour smell arises. Turn the flame to high and slowly add the egg albumin so that it forms lumps.
- Turn off the flame and garnish it with spring onions. You can also use few drops of lemon juice if required. Your hot and sour chicken soup is ready to be served. Serve hot.
This was the easy and delicious preparation of Hot and sour chicken soup. This is a very yummy soup that you will surely like.
Now, you can prepare your restaurant-style soup at home itself. So guys, this winter have nutritious meals with less fat and ample amount of fibers.
Try this recipe at home and do share your experiences with us. Eat well and live well!