Many of the toddlers hesitates to eat vegetables. They find it tasteless and boring. Today we will be preparing mixed vegetable soup, enriched with health and taste.
Colorful vegetables contain lots of vitamins, minerals, fiber and nutrients which are essential for a healthy body.
Similar complaint of all the mothers:
It is a very common problem with children that as they grow older, they starts preferring foods. They mostly don’t like to eat vegetables.
When they are small we feed them vegetables in the form of purees and mashed pastes. For older kids, it becomes quite difficult to feed.
Hey moms, here we have a solution for you! It is winters and everybody loves hot soups. We will be using the same formula to make kids eat vegetables. Let’s see the recipe.
Ingredients for mixed vegetable soup :
- Corn powder – 2 tablespoon
- Finely chopped capsicum
- Grated carrots
- Chopped cabbage
- Minced ginger- 2 inch
- Grated broccoli
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Oil for frying
- Salt as per taste
- Ground peppercorns
- Tomato ketchup – 2 teaspoon
How to make this:
- Heat a kadai and put all the chopped vegetables in it. In a medium flame cook till they gets golden brown.
- Turn the flame to low and put corn powder, ketchup and salt in it.
- Cook for a minute and then put 2 cups of water into it to make a thick paste.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool.
- Grind it into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Now heat another kadai and put ground peppercorns and curry leaves into it.
- Saute for few seconds then put the grind mixture into it.
- Now add water into it to get the desired consistency as the soup.
- Turn off the flame, take out in soup bowl, garnish with cilantro and serve hot in evening snacks.
Your kids will enjoy it without knowing that they are munching veggies! Hope you like the recipe of mixed vegetable soup. Share in all the social media and do share your experiences with us.