A mother is always in hurry, what to give in kids lunch and tiffin box for husbands ! Today we are here with a recipe of Tomato pulao which is suited for all kids, adults and all.
When you have no time, or in hurry just prepare this pulao and pack in the tiffin of kids or give to your husband as lunch.
Majority of the kids don’t like to eat vegetables, and they just pick them out of their dishes. Tomato pulao is something which is best for those types of kids.
Difference between those at restaurants and homemade Pulao:
Tomato pulao is red! In restaurants, they give this color using food colors and spices. They use very less amount of tomatoes as well.
At home we prepare it with adequate amount of tomatoes and very lesser spices. So it is healthy and tasty as well. You will not requite any curry, dip or pickle with it. It is complete meal in itself.
Lets see its preparations.
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Red tomatoes- 3-4 medium sized chopped
- Red chillies- 2
- Minced ginger- 2 inch piece
- Oil for cooking
- Water for cooking rice
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder- 2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder- 1 teaspoon
- A hand of chopped cilantro
- Cumin seeds- 2 teaspoons
- First of all cook rice in a pressure cooker or rice cooker itself.
- Take out the rice a spread it in a plate to avoid lumps and get cool.
- Take a non stick vok and put 2 tablespoons of oil in it. As it gets hot, put cumin seeds, chillies and minced ginger into it.
- Saute well and put tomatoes followed by salt in it.
- In a low flame cover the lid and cook till tomatoes gets soft and tender.
- Cook till a tomato paste is formed and no tomato piece appears.
- After that, add turmeric powder and garam masala. Stir well then add the rice into it.
- In a medium flame, keep stirring the rice and cook for a minute.
- Now, turn off the flame and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve hot!! Hope you like the recipe. Give it a try and do share your experiences with us. Eat well and live well.