Dosa comes under the cuisine of South India and is very healthy indeed! The most common one is prepared using urad and rice or rice rava. Let’s give our yummy dosa a twist with Moong dal Dosa.
Moong dal is a lentil used in preparing several dishes like tadka, dal makhani and many more. It is green in color is full of nutrients. Like other dosa, it doesn’t needs any fermentation and you can prepare it instantly.
Let’s move to the recipe of Moong Dal Dosa.
- Moong ki dal (green lentils)- 2 cups
- Rice- 1 cup
- Shallots- 3-4
- Green chillies– 2
- Garlic cloves- 4-5
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Cumin seeds- 2 teaspoon
- Oil for toasting
- Salt as per taste
- Black peppercorns– 1 teaspoon
Methods of preparation:
- Take a bowl and put water and moong dal and rice in it. Soak for 6-8 hours.
- Now in a grinding jar, put soaked moong, shallots, green chillies and all the ingredients except oil.
- Grind all of them to a into a fine paste. We are adding rice to make our dosa crisp, as it will not require fermentation.
- Now take a dosa tawa and apply a bit of oil on the whole surface to avoid sticking.
- Take a cup of dosa batter and spread all round the tawa in a circular motion.
- Turn the flame to medium for 2 minutes then turn it to high for ext two minutes.
- You don’t need to flip it. Fold the dosa and take out in a serving plate.
- Serve hot with raita or some chutney.
Prepare it in breakfast or evening snack. You kids and every member of the family will love it. Share your experiences with us and do share in all the social media.
Eat well and live well!