Bored with simple dal everyday? Now give it a twist with tossing as fried dal. It will make your lunch completed and you will feel no need for any curry or side dish.
Dal is the main ingredient of north Indian lunch meals. Mostly we prepare dal in simpler form tossed with cumin seeds and chillies.
Dal in different cuisine:
Everybody takes dal, whether he is north Indian or southern. South Indians take dal in the form of sambar and rasam. Whereas north Indian prefer as plain form, or in flatbreads
Today we will be preparing dal in a new design, which will taste, look and of course health benefits.
- Moong dal- 1/2 tablespoon
- Arhar/toor dal- 2 tablespoon
- Masoor dal- 2 tablespoon
- Mixed dal- 1 tab lespoon
- Ghee for frying
- Curry leaves- 10
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder- 2 teaspoon
- Chopped onion-1 small
- Chopped green chillies- 2
- Chopped tomato- 1 small
- Minced garlic- 3-4 cloves
- Black pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
How to cook this?
- At first, pressure cook all the dal together with water, salt and turmeric powder.
- You can cook in low flame till 4-5 whistles.
- Now heat a kadai and put ghee in it.
- Now put garlic, chillies, curry leaves and onion and saute well till it starts getting golden.
- Now put tomato in it and slowly cook so that it releases oil.
- Now put the cooked dal followed by black pepper in it.
- Now you can choose the consistency of dal, thicker and thinner.
How to serve fried dal?
Serve it hot with pulao, phulka or with plain rice at meals time. Your kids will love it and you will get lots of appreciation.
Here you go with your yummy and healthy dal.
You see it required no extra spices and prepared the tastiest one.
Give this a try, it is not so hard. Share your experiences with us and do subscribe on our page.
Eat well and live well!