Hey foodies, today we are here with a very tasty and easy to prepare recipe of Butter Chicken. It is the Punjabi way to prepare chicken curry, which is yum and will make you lick your fingers.
When we were young, we used to know about only one variety of chicken, which was simple chicken curry, which our mothers prepared using masala and onions.
Today let’s give this recipe a little twist, which will make it much happening and tending dish as well. If you like chicken curry in little tomato and creamy form, then you are going to love this butter chicken.
So let’s see its preparations.
Ingredients required For Butter Chicken:
- 500 gms of chicken (bone or boneless)
- Curd- 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder- 2 teaspoons
- Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala- 2 teaspoon
First clean the chicken and mix will all the ingredients. Give it a good mix and keep it aside for about 30-40 minutes.
For Gravy preparation
- Butter- 4 tablespoons
- Fresh cream or tin- 2 tablespoons
- Garlic cloves- 5-6
- Ginger– 1 inch piece
- Cinnamon– 2 -3 sticks
- Chopped coriander
- Chopped onions– 2
- Salt as per taste
- Kashmirilal red chilli powder- 2 teaspoon
- Tomatoes– 2 medium sized
How to prepare gravy:
- Till the chicken is getting marinade, you can prepare its gravy as well.
- Take a vok or kadai and put 2 tablespoons of butter in it, now put cinnamon and onion into it.
- In a medium flame, fry for a 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile add ginger and garlic into it and keep frying.
- Now when the onion gets brown, put chopped tomatoes into it and simmer into low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix for a minute then turn off the flame.
- Take out the fried masala and keep on a plate to cool down.
- Now in the same kadai put 1 tablespoon of butter and put the marinated chicken into it.
- Turn the flame to high and fry it till gets golden brown and a bit crisper.
- The chicken will get cooked 70% there only.
Final touch of Butter chicken:
- Grind the cooked masala to a smooth paste.
- In the same kadai, fry the masala for more 2 minutes, and then put fried chicken into it.
- Cover the lid and cook in a medium flame for about 5 minutes.
- Now, put fresh cream over it and garnish with chopped coriander.
How to serve?
- It goes well with phulka or nan.
- If you like, you can also serve with fried rice or jeera rice.
Hope you found this post good. Give a try and share your experiences with us. You can easily prepare it in family meets and in friends get-together too.
Eat well and live well!