Let us try a healthy and tasty drink; which is full of nutrients. It is a desi drink prepared with all the natural ingredients. It is Thandai.
What is Thandai?
Thandai; also known as ‘sardai’ is a very popular drink in Rajasthan and in North India. It is a chilled dry fruits rich beverage which is a very good and healthier form of drink during summers.
It prevents us from sunstrokes and helps to keep us light.
Specially used in:
Thandai is the main beverage during Mahashivratri and one of the most colorful festivals Holi. During mahashivratri, it is mixed with bhang to make it an intoxicating drink.
Thandai can be of many flavors like rose essence, saffron and many more. So let’s move on and enjoy the preparation of delicious and chilled beverage.
- Full cream milk- 1 liter
- Sugar- as per usage
- Fennel seeds- ½ tablespoon
- Almonds- 1 tablespoon
- Saffron- 1 pinch
- Cardamom powder- 1 teaspoon
- Rose petals- ¼ cup
- Pistachio- 1 tablespoon
- Poppy seeds- ½ teaspoon
- Watermelons’ dry seeds- 1 teaspoon
Method of preparation:-
- Boil the full cream milk so that it gets half condensed, and keep it aside for cooling. When the milk becomes warm put it inside refrigerator to get chilled.
- Now, take a bowl half filled with water and put rose petals, fennel seeds, almonds, watermelon’s seeds, poppy seeds and pistachio into it.
- After 15 minutes, these dry items will get mild water contained, in a mixer grinder make a paste of these mixtures and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the grind mixture, cardamom powder, saffron and sugar; mix it well.
- Now take out the milk from refrigerator and pour it into the mixing bowl containing the mixed paste.
- Thoroughly mix the milk with the paste so that all of them get evenly mixed.
- In a long glass, pour the chilled thandai; at the top of the thandai put some saffron threads and chopped pistachio.
- Now enjoy your tasty and delicious beverage that is full of health.
This very drink holds the goodness of health and taste. Hope you like the post, share it to all and do not forget to leave a comment below.