“Zafrani pulao” means “Saffron rice” that derives its color from its ingredient saffron itself. Today we will be preparing exotic and tasty Zafrani Pulao.
Zafrani Pulao is a vegetarian classic dish which smells sweet and aromatic in fragrance. Its appearance is orange yellowish in color.
The kesar that is saffron makes it rich in taste and attractive in look. Saffron rice can be prepared as dinner, lunch or can also be added to your kitty parties and some festive occasions.
So, let’s move on to the process and methods of how to prepare Zafrani pulao:-
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Ghee- 4 tablespoon
- Nutmeg powder- ¼ tablespoon
- Milk- ½ cup
- Cardamom powder- ½ teaspoon
- Saffron threads- ½ teaspoon
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Cashew nuts- 5
- Raisins- 6-8
- Almonds- 6
- Cinnamon sticks- 3-4
- Butter- ½ tablespoon
Methods of preparation:-
- Pressure cook basmati rice in 3 cups of water for two whistles. After cooked, let its vapor released itself. Keep it aside.
- In a frying pan, roast all the dry fruits in ghee till they get semi brown in color.
- After 10 minutes when they get cool, chop almonds into thin slices and divide the cashew nuts diagonally in 2 pieces each.
- Now in the same pan, add rice and sauté it on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add cinnamon sticks, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder to the rice. Stir all the ingredients well.
- In a deep base bowl, boil the milk. After it gets semi condensed mix sugar and saffron threads to it.
- Stir the milk in medium flame for 2 minutes till the saffron releases its color. Pour the milk mixture in rice and also add raisins to it.
- Cover the lid and cook it for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- After the rice and milk is properly cooked add butter at the top and cover the lid for 2 minutes. This will let the aroma to get properly vaporized into the rice.
- Garnish it with cashew nuts and almonds. You can also use cilantro leaves or mint leaves for garnishing. Serve hot with some gravy curry or curd dip. Enjoy….
So friends, this was the preparation of Zafrani pulav. I am sure you will like its taste and will surely appreciate.
Enjoy every moment of your life; these are only the small factors that contribute to a happy life. So guys; be happy, live prosperous.