Hey foodies, today we are here with a halwa recipe of Moong Dal Halwa. You must have tasted it at restaurants, and tastes so yum! Let us prepare this at home.
Moong dal is a good source of protein and must for all. Mostly we know it in the form of tadka dal. But today we will be preparing it in sweet version of, Moong dal halwa.
It takes little more tim, but the final result what comes it awesome and marvellous! You will love this recipe and our relatives and friends will appreciate a lot for this.
Let us see the preparations.
Ingredients for Moong dal Halwa:
- Yellow moong dal- 1 cup
- Ghee- 2 tablespoons
- Chopped nuts of your choice
- Raisins- 10-15
- Sugar- 2 tablespoon
- Water as per usage
- Full cream milk- 500 ml
Now lets begin!
Methods of preparation:
- First, soak the dal in water for 3-4 hours.
- Using the grinder, make a paste of it and keep aside.
- Take a kadai, heat it and put ghee to get hot. After that put the grinded dal in it and in a medium flame fry.
- It will take about 15-20 minutes so that the dal will get golden brownish.
- While stirring make sure no lumps are formed, stir continuously by breaking the formed lumps as well.
- After 20 minutes when you notice it is golden put the nuts and raisins to it and sugar as well.
- Keep stirring for more 2 minutes then add milk to it.
- Turn the flame to high ad cook well with the milk.
- Now you can cook till your desired consistency appears; light or thicker.
- Take out in a serving plate, garnish with roasted almonds and cashews. Serve!
Although it is a festival dessert but can be served with breakfast or after dinner. You can also cook this in family meets and others.
Everybody will love it and you will receive lots of appreciations!
Give it a try and do share your experiences with us. Eat well and live well!