Our upcoming festival is Diwali. This year delight your festival with easy and delicious Besan Laddu. Let us see how to prepare this.
What is Besan Laddu?
Besan laddu also called ‘Gram flour laddu’ is a very popular kind of Indian sweet that is a major part of Indian cuisine. Not only in India,because of its lingering taste this dessert-snack is liked in many other countries too.
Besan laddu can be served in any of the festive occasions or some auspicious household occasion like parties, birthdays, wedding and so on.
Beside all these, in Hindu culture this sweet is also used as ‘prashads’. Besan laddu is a dessert item that is liked by all. It has a very aromatic and nutty fragrance that contains lots of health supplements in it.
This laddu is majorly prepared with gram flour or chickpea flour. In Indian diet, lentils and grams are the basic ingredients that are used in daily life.
Our besan laddu accompanies the lentils itself. It has a very sweet and realistic taste that keeps your metabolism fit and healthy.
Not only is this, during winter besan laddu a very crucial kind of food that retains your body temperature normally. Winter season is said as the season of either gaining health or losing it.
Having a besan laddu wit a glass of warm milk keeps you warm from inside. So let us move towards the process and preparation methods of besan laddu:-
Ingredients for Besan laddu:
- Besan or gram flour- 4 cups
- Ghee- 10 tablespoon
- Confectioner’s sugar- 2 cups
- Sliced pistachio- 4-5
- Cardamom powder- 2 teaspoon
Methods to prepare Besan laddu:-
- Place a deep base frying pan on medium flame and heat for a minute.
- After that, add ghee and turn wait till the ghee melts and get semi hot.
- Add besan in it and mix well. Remember, as you start mixing all the ghee will get absorbed into the besan.
- Fry it in a medium flame. The most important and manageable part of making laddus is frying it neatly. It will take almost 25-30 minutes for frying.
- As you notice that the besan is changing its color to light brown, add all the sliced pistachio in it so that both of them will get fried properly.
- You can also use pistachio powder instead of slices; it depends upon your convenience.
- You will notice, an aromatic nutty fragrance coming out from besan. This is the signal of complete frying.
- Now, the ghee absorbed will slowly be releasing from the besan. You can now add the cardamom powder and stir it well.
- Mix them in a medium flame for two minutes. Turn off the flame and in a plate or flat vessel, take out all the content and wait till it becomes enough warm to make laddus.
- Now, apply some ghee on your hand and make lemon sized laddus. You can also decorate the laddus with few slices of pistachio over it.
- Approximately 10-12 ladus will be prepared. Enjoy….
So friends, this was the recipe of yummy and mouthwatering Besan laddu. This is a very tasty dessert that you are surely going to like.
It will give you a perfect taste of our tradition and will provide you immense health. This winter, delight your family with the sweet taste of besan laddu with a glass of warm milk.
Give a try to this recipe and do share your experiences with us. Eat well and live well!