Sports and games holds the same importance as academics in India and all over the world. Those who are the winners in national or any other levels, are honored with certain awards.
Importance of Sports and P.Ed:
- Sports teaches us many things which are faternity, equality, team work, disciple and with that makes us healthy and fit.
- Earlier sports and physical education was not considered as important. But today, it has same importance as studies.
In every schools and colleges sports and physical education holds the compulsory part
- Not only this, to register a school in C.B.S.C or in other education blocks, you have to make P.Ed an important part of curriculum.
- It has also career aspects as in engineering or medical type fields. A sports-person can achieve even the international levels of prestige in sports field, which is the respect in itself.
- You can notice a sports person never gets ill or sick, The reason is, his/her endurance and immunity is highly developed and boosted by continuous walking, running and playing.
Today we will be talking about 3 important sports awards in our country.
3 National Sports Awards in India:
1. Arjuna Award-
Arjuna Award is the supreme honour, which is awarded to the sportspersons by the Government of India. This award is given to such sportsperson who achieves extraordinary position that year and who has been giving extraordinary performance during the past three years.
Gift materials in Arjuna Award:
This award was started in 1961. It includes a statue of Arjuna (Mahabharata) made of bronze, a diploma and 3 lakh rupees cash.
This award is given in the memory of Arjuna of Mahabharata. Its main aim is to ameliorate the standard of sports in the country. This award cannot be presented to a player, second time.
2. Dronacharya Award-
In ancient times, gurus were honoured and respected by everyone and everywhere in India. At that time gurus used to give extraordinary coaching and teaching.
Nowadays, in the field of games, coaches train the sportspersons to achieve apex marks. They impart coaching to the sportsperson so that they could get position at national or international levels.
The Government of India started presenting Dronacharya awards to coaches in 1985. This award is given in the memory of Guru Dronacharya of Mahabharata.
Dronacharya award is presented to such coaches whose teams or players have shown good performance at international level consecutively for the three yesteryears.
Gift materials of Dronacharya award-
In this award 3 lakh rupees cash, a symbol of Guru Dronacharya and a certificate is presented to the coach.
3. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award-
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award is presented for the spectacular and most outstanding performance in the year. In this one male and a female can be awarded for the prize. In case there are other winners, then government decides for the thing.
The recipient is selected by a committee constituted by the Ministry and is honoured for their “spectacular and most outstanding performance in the field of sports over a period of four years” at international level.
Hope this post was knowledgeable for you. Do share your comments with us. Take care and live well!