Suryaputra Karna or Karna was one of the greatest warrior in Mahabharata. He was the competitor of Arjuna.
Let’s know some very important things about this great warrior. His life and stories will really fill your hearts with motivation and greatness.
Brief description about Karna:
A legendary warrior, a wise, intellect, generous, liberal, greatest archer ; all such synonyms can be used for Suryaputra Karna.
In the battle of Mahabharata, he fought from the side of Kauravas and was a great friend with Duryodhana. Karna was good but he fought against pandavas, because he was so much obliged and respected by Duryodhana.
Now let us come back to our point which is about Suryaputra Karna. We all must know about this person. Many of us thinks him as the villain, but he was not so.
His generosity was greatest, because of which Lord Krishna himself granted moksha to Karna!
10 Facts about Suryaputra Karna which actually makes him incredible!
- Karna was called ‘
sutputra‘ which means son of a charioteer. But actually, he was a ‘Kshatriya’, who was born from Kunti by the grace of Lord Surya.
- Lord Surya blessed Karna with ‘kavach‘ and ‘kundal‘, which were boon for him. It was actually the thing that protected Karna from enemies and during the wars.
- Karna was also called ‘Danveer Karna’! It was due to his generous nature. He never disagreed to help. After Mahabharata, Arjuna was getting very proud that he defeated Karna. At that time, Lord Krishna and Arjuna went near Karna and
asedfor some donation. In this, Karna took a stone and broke two of his golden teeth Seeing this Arjuna became shy of his prouds, thus Lord Krishna gave Moksha to Karna.
- Once Kunti came to
Karna,and begged to leave the 5 Pandavas and not to kill them in battle. In this, Karna promised that he will only target Arjuna. Rest of other Pandavas will be free from his shots.
- Karna was willing to seek archery education from Guru Dronacharya. But Dronacharya only kept Kshatriya students. In this Karna lied that he is also a Kshatriya and
- When Dronacharya came to
nkowabout the thing, he cursed Karna that the moment you will need this knowledge, you will forget all the things.
- In order to make Arjuna ascend the throne, once Lord Indra came to Karna and asked for his Kavach and Kundal, Being generous he gave the thing that actually resulted in his loss during the war.
- Karna’s mother who adopted him was called ‘Radha’, thus Karna was also called ‘Radhey’.
- Karna was always obliged of Duryodhana. Every time he got disrespected, but Duryodhana was the first who gifted Karna a whole country of ‘Anga’. Thus Karna was named as ‘Angraj Karna’.
- Karna liked Draupadi and was willing to marry her. But as he was of low caste he was humiliated in the Swamvara and not allowed to marry Draupadi.
Indeed Karna was a very nice, generous and liberal person. But in the battle of Mahabharata, he fought from the side of Kauravas; which actually resulted in his devastation.
But he was and will always be the greatest one for everytime. He taught what is called greatness, generosity, liberty and friendship.
After death, Karna went to the high places of Heaven, whereas all the Pandvas except Yudhisthira , first went to hell then after they received heaven.
Hope this post was knowledgeable for you. These were the thing, which everybody should know about Suryaputra Karna.
Share your views with us and do not forget to share the post in all the social medias.
!!Jai Shree Krishna!!