Tirupati Balaji is regarded as the wealthiest temple of India. This temple is dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara; which is also a form of Lord Vishnu.
The temple of Balaji is located at the high range mountains of Tirumala, at Andhra pradesh. It is one of the ancient temples of India. There are many beliefs related to the temple.
We are here with 10 popular beliefs about the temple. After reading this, your eyes will grow much bigger and you will be amazed of it.
10 popular beliefs about Tirupati Balaji:
- The hairs on the idol of Lord Venkateshwara, are the real ones. Those are always smooth, silky and never colloid.
- The back side of the idol is always damp. If you will hear it carefully, then you can find the voice of sweeping waves of ocean.
- On the right side of temple, you will find a stick over there. It is believed, once the stick hurted the chin of God, thus the practice of applying sandal begun.
- Normally, it looks as the idol is placed on the middle of temple, but if you gaze it from inside you will find that it is actually on the right side.
- The flowers and tulsi leaves used to worship God is never distributed among devotees, instead those are deposited in the old wells situated on the back side of temple.
- Every Thursday, there is a tradition of applying white sandal on the idol. When the sandal is removed, the incription and images of Goddess Lakshmi are seen.
- From a long time, a earthen lamp is glowing there, continuously. No one knows, when this lamp was lit.
- Camphor is used to worship God. The idol is also adorned with the thing. The amazing thing is, when camphor is placed on simpler rock, it changes but it has no effect on the idol of Lord Venkateshwara.
These were few amazing things and facts about Tirupati Balaji. This is really a very pure and nice place to visit. If ever got a chance, must visit this temple and get the blessings of Lord Venkateshwara.